The detached primary school was closed when improving transport and decreasing rural population made it uneconomic to upgrade to modern teaching facility
The objective was to create a spacious 3 bedroom home with gardens and detached double garage / workshop space.
The sympathetically designed scheme provided –
- Side extension providing kitchen / dining and first floor bedroom accommodation
- Installation of a new floor structure provided 3 bedrooms and bathroom accessed by spiral staircase
- Complete electrical installation
- Complete gas fired central heating system
- Complete hot and cold water and discharge systems
- Complete drainage system
- Inclusion of thermal insulation materials
- Individual thermostatic control all rooms
- Multi period time programmer control of high efficiency boiler
- High spec joinery – windows, doors and roof lights
The completed project has provided comfortable and attractive accommodation.